Seeking Motivated and Passionate Candidates to Serve on the National Board of Directors
Posted March 12th, 2018 by Administrator
The Canadian Hemochromatosis Society is Canada’s not for profit agency that is driven to end suffering and premature death related to hereditary hemochromatosis. We provide awareness and information to support our fellow Canadians diagnosed with this very common genetic disorder commonly called the “Celtic Curse” or “iron overload”.
You do not have to have hereditary hemochromatosis to become a board director.
Roles and responsibilities of a Director:
- Be or become a member of CHS; participate in regular board meetings on operational committees; help renew our strategic plan
- Be committed to develop an understanding of hereditary hemochromatosis to help your performance in your role
Experience & skills which would add value to CHS:
- Financial management
- Communications, marketing, public relations and media relations
- Internet marketing, advertising and social networking
- Senior management experience in private or public sector
- Professional medical and healthcare experience
The initial term for a director of the board of CHS is two years.
We have a need for applicants from British Columbia in particular.
CHS will add new directors at its AGM in June.
For more information, please email Past President, Ian Hilley, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a phone number to reach you. To apply, please send your resume by email to email@example.com by April 6, 2018.
Comments are closed.