Leadership Opportunity: Board of Directors
Posted July 29th, 2021 by Administrator
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of Canadians? We are seeking multiple motivated and passionate candidates to join like-minded volunteers on the Board of Directors of the Canadian Hemochromatosis Society.
The Canadian Hemochromatosis Society is a national charity that is a leader in spreading awareness of hereditary hemochromatosis with a mission to end suffering and premature death related to what is commonly referred to as the “Celtic Curse” or “iron overload”. Our small, effective society provides awareness and information to support Canadians diagnosed with this very common genetic disorder that most people have never heard of. The need to spread awareness for the early diagnosis and treatment of the disorder is important and on-going.
While we especially appreciate the experience of people who have been affected directly and indirectly with hereditary hemochromatosis, we welcome anyone to become a director who has an interest in our mission and has skills to share.
Roles and responsibilities of a Director:
- Be or become a member of the Canadian Hemochromatosis Society
- Participate in regular board meetings (5-6 a year using online meeting software)
- Participate in operational committees (related to programs and projects using online meeting software)
- Be committed to develop an understanding of hereditary hemochromatosis to help your performance in your role
Experience & skills which would add value to the Canadian Hemochromatosis Society:
- Financial management
- Communications, marketing, public relations and media relations
- Internet marketing, advertising and social networking
- Senior management experience in private or public sector
- Professional medical and healthcare experience
- Other – You tell us how you can support our mission!
The initial term for a director of the board of the Canadian Hemochromatosis Society is two years.
We have a need for applicants from British Columbia in particular.
The Canadian Hemochromatosis Society will add new directors at its AGM on September 23rd, 2021.
Send an email expressing your interest and outlining how you would contribute your skills by Wednesday, September 1st, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.