Seeking: Directors at Large
Posted September 8th, 2022 by Canadian Hemochromatosis Society
The Canadian Hemochromatosis Society is a national organization with a mission to strengthen the well-being of Canadians affected by iron overload through its programs designed to foster awareness and early detection of hemochromatosis. Its vision is to see an end to premature death and suffering related to hemochromatosis. Learn more about the work of the Canadian Hemochromatosis Society at toomuchiron.ca.
The Canadian Hemochromatosis Society is seeking three dedicated leaders residing in BC to fill the roles of Directors at Large on its volunteer Board of Directors. The individuals will fill current vacancies and will stand for election onto the board at the AGM in October, after which the two-year term will begin, renewable up to three terms. Average volunteer time is 8 hours per month.
Directors at Large Duties & Responsibilities
- Know the organization’s mission, vision, programs, and needs
- Review and understand the organization’s financial statements
- Understand your fiduciary responsibility as a Director
- Serve as an ambassador of the organization
- Promote awareness of the Canadian Hemochromatosis Society and hereditary hemochromatosis within your network and your community
- Support access to financial resources and partnerships that will help further the mission of the organization
- Attend and fully participate in board meetings, held online once every one to two months
- Participate in strategic planning sessions
- Work with staff and other Board members to develop and implement approved projects
If you reside in BC and are looking to use your skills, talents, and passion for supporting programs and projects that benefit the health of all Canadians, we want to hear from you! Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Director At Large in the subject line.
If you have any questions about the role or work of the Society, we will be happy to answer them. Email email@example.com.