Share Your Story
Sharing Your Story With Hemochromatosis
The hope in sharing your story in relation to Hemochromatosis is to spread awareness and create connections. Your story will be shared on our website, e-newsletters, our Facebook page, Twitter and other opportunities as they arise. We can proofread and edit your story if you need assistance.
Word length: (around) 700-900 words
Please include a photo or two of yourself. Pictures with family members make great pictures, too.
Prompt: How has Hemochromatosis impacted your life?
To refer to past stories, visit www.toomuchiron.ca/iron-chronicles
Some questions to assist you in writing your story:
- How did you find out your diagnosis?
- How long did it take/ how many times did you have to go to the doctor before you got your diagnosis?
- What symptoms did you have?
- How did you tell your family?
- How long did it take for you to get treatment?
- How has CHS helped you?
- Do you have any advice for anyone who is newly diagnosed with hemochromatosis?
Contact Liz Charyna at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or if you would like to share your story with the Canadian Hemochromatosis Society and the hemochromatosis community.
The Canadian Hemochromatosis Society’s mission is to strengthen the well-being of Canadians affected by iron overload through its programs designed to foster awareness and early detection of hemochromatosis. If you have benefitted in any way from the work of the Society, let us know, and please consider making a donation to further support our important work!