CHS Needs You!
The Canadian Hemochromatosis Society is always looking for individuals who are willing to help increase hemochromatosis awareness. For more information on any of the volunteer opportunities below, please contact Liz Charyna at email@example.com.
Volunteer as a Chapter Leader
Volunteer to be a point person in your region, and help CHS recruit others to help spread awareness of hemochromatosis and provide leadership within your community! Chapters are being formed across the country, and we are seeking new volunteers to fill roles of Chapter Leader who lead their local Chapter, and Local Volunteers who work as part of a team that supports the activities of their local Chapter.
If you are interested in becoming a Chapter Leader, or if you would like to plan awareness events in your area where there are currently no Chapters, please contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community-Based Volunteer Opportunities
There are many ways you can volunteer in your community to help get the word out about hemochromatosis during Awareness Month, and year round:
- present or host a booth at wellness fairs
- host a coffee meet-up
- host a group blood donation at Canadian Blood Services or Hema Quebec donation centre
- volunteer at your local Canadian Blood Services clinic
- appear on local cable company community access shows
- volunteer at local hospitals and clinics
- educate your local pharmacy
- provide CHS materials to libraries, community centres or hospital
- speak on hemochromatosis at service club speaker programs (e.g. Lions. Rotary)
- enlist the help of a local celebrity whom you know has (or has a connection with) hemochromatosis
- speak to the health columnist for the local press